The Trust Administrator Assistant manages and administers a group of trust accounts for a non-profit corporation. We are looking for a professional with some knowledge of trust law and regulations, a familiarity with the internal policies and procedures of a bank or financial trust department. Contract record keeping is beneficial but not required. This position is responsible for proactive account management including account setup, ongoing administration of trust accounts and customer support. This position requires a person who can take initiative to address issues proactively.
Life’s Plan, Inc is looking for a self-starter with a positive attitude. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines. Must have good listening and interpersonal skills and be able to offer support, empathy and comfort to individuals with Special Needs and Mental Health Issues. Organizational skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills are very important. Must have good writing skills, Microsoft Word proficient, good basic math skills; and must be comfortable working closely with others. Proficient with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Act as a client relationship liaison between customers, tax, accounting, legal and bank operations personnel. Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Responsible for the daily administration of customer accounts. Examples of daily administration would include tracking dates and schedule to meet deadlines, timely deposits, processing withdrawal and transfer of funds, periodic customer reporting and presentation, 1099 client contact tax worksheet preparation, managing document filing system
- Processing incoming referrals as requested by Director
- Opening and closing trust accounts
- Provide personalized trustee-management and communications to participants; navigating the process of setting up a trust, and working with various Guardians, POAs, and service vendors on how to make requests with delivery of those request in support of the clients with the assistance of Director
- Identify any potential administrative hazards, e.g. self-dealing and conflicts of interest issues and report to Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Personal Trust Administration processes and procedures
- Knowledgeable of Trust Tax, Trust Accounting and Investment Management
- Knowledgeable of fiduciary laws including estate planning techniques, relevant tax regulations.
- Up to 1 year of job related experience; 1-2 years preferred
- Sitting or prolonged standing
- Computer Skills- Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a dollar per dollar 3% company match
- Generous paid vacation and sick days
Human Resources Recruiter : Clenton J. Reynolds
Ray Graham Association
901 Warrenville Road, Suite 500
Lisle, IL 60532